In fact, the idea of having twins tends to polarise people. Some couples love the idea of having two babies at once while others react in a whole different way.
Are twins common?
Many reproductive experts believe that humans probably have more twin pregnancies than they are aware. Technological advances have found that it is totally common for there to be more than one embryo conceived and implanted, but of these, only one is viable and survives.
How do twins happen?
If you are interested in increasing your chances of conceiving two babies at once, you should first know how twins are made.
There are two types of twins; identical and non-identical. Identical twins are formed when one egg is fertilized by one sperm then divides into two separate embryos that share the same placenta. While non-identical twins are formed from two separate eggs being fertilized by two separate sperm.
What will help boost my chances of having twins?
- Having fertility assistance like in vitro fertilization or taking some fertility drugs. In order to stimulate the ovaries to support more than one ovarian follicle each month towards maturity.
- Getting pregnant while you are on the pill.
- Picking your own genetics carefully! But if you come from a family where non-identical twins are common then your family history means that you’ve got a greater chance of having twins.
- Trying to conceive straight after you have stopped taking the pill.
- Taking some folic acid supplements before conceiving.
- Encouraging your partner to eat some oysters as they are high in zinc which helps with sperm production.
- Having been pregnant before. Women who have previously had a baby or two have a higher chance of conceiving with twins.
- Being a twin yourself.
- Eating more sweet potatoes
- Being older gives you more chances to have twins.
- Continuing to breastfeeding.
- Eating more of dietary products: in order to your increase their chances of having twins by 5 times.
- Trying to conceive shortly after stopping birth control pills.
Best sex positions to conceive twins:
Doing it side by side
This sex position is also known as the doggy style. The woman will position herself in bending her knee and the male will penetrate behind. This sex position will help to conceive twins because during this intercourse the cervix of the woman is more approachable with the sperms.
Doing it by standing up position
This position is like the doggy style will be able to give deep penetration. This must be an advantage for the sperm to easily get into the egg.
Doing the missionary position
This sex position will help the sperm to easily reach the egg. It would be the best kind of sexual position.
Rear entry position
This sexual position place the man behind the woman, it will be a good position since this style ensures the sperm very close to the cervix of the woman.
Always wait for the evolution period timing of the intercourse
It’s highly important to choose the right time while making a baby as twins can happen to anyone.
In conclusion, if you want to have twins seek your doctor’s advice and apply the mentioned tips to increase your chances.